Company: Good Joo Joo
We’re a lean, mean team of digital marketers who work with everyone from e-commerce hustlers bringing in 9 figures a year to innovative apps backed by some of the best VCs around. We focus on paid advertising and marketing automation and everything we do is driven by numbers. We thrive on getting clients a great return on their money.
We also value freedom and responsibility like no other. We’re 100% remote, but you’ll be welcome to visit our office in downtown Austin whenever you’d like. We also meet up several times a year to jam together and have some fun (the next team retreat is in Bali — yes, for real).
We want people (you and our clients) to do well and also do good in their lives and communities.
Who You Are:
You are an entrepreneur in training. You’re incessantly curious and probably a little anal. You cringe when you misspell someone’s name. If you’re presented with something you know nothing about, you dive in fearlessly to learn more. You are thoughtful, empathetic, and impeccable with your word.
What You’ll Own:
You will have to switch gears quickly. You’ll be learning about several different businesses, platforms, and software all at once and committing all of it to memory.
You’ll get your feet wet in multiple areas of marketing. Preparing performance reports for clients, conducting research for a competitive analysis, and drafting a blog post for one of our partnership programs are just a few of the things you might do in the first week.
Someone who excels in this role will become a key stakeholder in Good Joo Joo with the ability to inform strategy, pick and choose their projects, and lead client communications.
- We need someone who is willing to wear multiple hats and switch gears quickly. Excellent written and verbal skills will get you very, very far in our eyes. Attention to detail is everything.
- Entrepreneurial spirit — have you ever had a side hustle? Can you identify what you need to be successful and go make it happen?
- Reliable — you do what you say you’re going to do, when you say you’re going to do it.
- Accurate — able to follow instructions to a T
- Efficient — you can independently prioritize your task list & you love “beating the clock” on a task that should have taken a long time, but didn’t.
- Tactful — you think things through and communicate clearly and professionally.
[Did you notice one of those bullets is missing punctuation?]
- Must be available during US working hours.
- Must have at least 1 year experience as an Account Manager or at a marketing agency.
- Must submit a resume.
- Familiarity with HTML / CSS.
- Familiarity with Photoshop.
NICE TO HAVES
- Familiarity with SQL.
- Experience with Sketch, Adobe Suite, and video editing software.
- Experience with paid advertising.
- A writing sample.
- HubSpot Marketing certified.
$$ & Stuff
- Pay is commensurate with experience.
- Base salary + bonus based upon performance & total company revenue.
- Education & health insurance stipends available.
Source: We Work Remotely
Headquarters: Miami, Florida, United States
SimpleTexting seeks a sophisticated, experienced, and collaborative designer to aid in the continued development of the SimpleTexting product. You’ll work with a dedicated team to craft the customer experience by creating designs that are made for humans, that are simple and refined yet engaging to continually improve the user journey. You’ll primarily work on the SimpleTexting product but there may be opportunities to utilize your design skills across our marketing site as well.
SimpleTexting is the leading web-based platform for SMS marketing and business texting. Our software gives organizations the ability to send marketing campaigns, share important alerts, and provide 1-on-1 customer service using text messages. Thousands of organizations in North America rely on SimpleTexting to connect with their audiences. Our clients include Fortune 500 companies, small businesses, nonprofits, healthcare providers, churches, schools, and more. And with a powerful suite of features that includes segments, autoresponders, data collection and analytics, our platform is designed to help businesses start and scale their engagement through SMS.
- Work with our UX team to develop elegant, responsive, and thoughtful designs based on user research taking into consideration user needs and technical constraints. Primarily responsible for UI design of our web based application.
- Using an iterative approach, take design from wireframe to sketches to high fidelity interactive prototypes for validation.
- Conceptualize, define, design, and maintain atomic-designed components—from structural layouts to micro-interactions—across desktop, tablet, and mobile.
- Participate as a member of our product team to ensure designs are implemented through our development process with precision and then to monitor results.
- Collaborate with team members to develop, implement and improve visual system, style and brand guidelines incorporating a systematic approach to typography, color, and other style guide elements.
Proven Abilities Required
- Exceptional skills in visual design with a keen focus on user experience. The ability to architect information and craft designs in a way that is not only beautiful, but contributes to an elevated user experience. This includes an exceptional attention to detail and pixel perfect designs.
- Skilled in standard design & wire-framing tools (i.e. Adobe CC, OmniGraffle, Sketch, InVision, Balsamiq), hand drawing and visual communication, and interactive prototyping tools (Hype, Adobe Edge, Keynote) with the ability to iterate rapidly.
- Goes beyond merely presenting designs, explains the story of the rationale (preferably evidence-based) and benefit of design ideas.
- Ability to organize the creation of reusable components and to organize and structure a component library. Produce files that can be implemented by our web development team.
- Understanding of technical and business constraints with the ability to adapt design process accordingly.
- Superior oral and written english communication skills.
- HTML/CSS development is considered a bonus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interaction, Graphic, or Industrial Design preferred or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) or other design related discipline (preferred, not required).
- Minimum of 4 years experience, preferably designing for a digital product.
- You’re welcome to join us at the office if you’re in Miami!
Compensation and Benefits
- This is a full-time remote based position
- Competitive compensation (depending on experience)
- Unlimited flexible time-off policy
How to Apply
Follow this link to apply: bit.ly/2qmDyYR
Please submit a portfolio of projects you’ve worked on, with real-world examples that highlight your design experience. Bonus points for sharing style guides and branding work.
Please highlight one design project and help us understand the design process in bringing this project to life. Some questions to help inspire you:
- What was the workflow involved?
- What were the roles of the people that were involved?
- What was the outcome (any data to share)?
Source: We Work Remotely, SimpleTexting
Headquarters: San Francisco, California, United States
We’re looking for someone to join our Engineering team at Zapier as an Application Security Engineer Are you interested in helping build and secure a powerful automation tool? Then read on…
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. We hope you’ll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Even though our job description may seem like we’re looking for a specific candidate, the role inevitably ends up tailored to the person who applies and joins. Regardless of how well you feel you fit our description, we encourage you to apply if you meet these criteria:
You care deeply about building secure products in secure ways that simplify the lives of millions of people through automation.
You have web application and infrastructure security experience. Keeping the core Zapier web application secure is at the heart of this role. Zapier is a SaaS product, so experience building software and managing infrastructure under a similar model is a big plus.
You know what makes browsers and sites secure. The web browser is practically the operating system of the internet; these days nearly everything that happens online, happens in a browser. You’ll help us continue to keep customer data safe by ensuring the “first mile” is trouble-free.
You love writing software and building infrastructure. Most of what you’ll do each day is guiding, building and maintaining Zapier’s infrastructure and product. You’ll focus on high value, high risk portions of Zapier. You’ll use code to automate and improve the more mundane parts of auditing and monitoring of internal processes, as well as in the product.
You have worked with teams before on large Python, AWS, & Kubernetes projects. You’re also familiar with some common frameworks for languages like Django, Flask, or Rails as well as React/Backbone.js. You’ve also worked extensively in cloud providers like AWS, GCE, or Azure
You love doing things efficiently. At Zapier, the work you do will have a disproportionate impact on the business. We believe in systems and processes that let us scale our impact to be larger than ourselves. You’ll be in a unique position to find and eliminate “insecure and painful” experiences and replace them with “secure and joyful” experiences.
You love learning. Engineering is an ever-evolving world. You enjoy playing with new tech and exploring areas that you might not have experience with yet.
You love to set your own direction. At Zapier, we have one team meeting each week and one-on-one meetings every month. Between those we chat in Slack and then go make things happen.
You are friendly and patient, welcoming, considerate, and respectful. Learn more about these attributes in our code of conduct.
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you’ll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you’ll probably do:
- Write some Python!
- Identify where we can add more layers of defense in depth and implement them.
- Periodically embed with product teams with to help with security sensitive projects.
- Build internal tooling to ensure safe data access patterns for Zapier employees.
- Review code across Zapier’s product and infrastructure.
- Locating weak points across Zapier and strengthening them.
- Ship code to millions of users every week.
- Experiment: this is a startup so everything can change
- As part of our All Hands Support initiative, help customers have the best experience with Zapier as possible.
How To Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don’t seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
For the past six years, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
If you want to work remote, that’s great. If you want to work near others, that’s cool too. Our team of 100+ is distributed because it lets us work with the best people. You don’t have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary (we don’t use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We’ll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn’t a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you’ll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to US-based employees.
Optional: Share anonymously some demographic information about yourself to help us better track trends related to the backgrounds of candidates interested in working at Zapier in order for us to build a team that represents the users at Zapier and the broader world population.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We’re excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
Source: Remotey, Zapier
Headquarters: Zürich, Switzerland
Getting back to the executives of global leading companies.
Sherpany’s mission is to give back time by turning formal meetings from time-wasters into value-creators. Our team is building a mobile and web based platform that allows effective choice making by digitally transforming meetings and decision making process. In cutting administrative, organizational and repetitive work. Sherpany’s platform is actively sparing resources like paper, shipping and transportation. Our headquarter is located in Zurich and we have offices in Lisbon, Berlin, Paris, Milan and Wroclaw.
User Experience is our core concern…
Our Boardroom ist currently available on Windows, iOS, Android and Web and we are very successful on these platforms. As our Windows Engineer you will be working 100% on this mission critical project from the first day on. You will work closely with our experienced Windows developers as part of the Mobile Dev. Team. Your skills contribute to the success of the software and enable us to create a perfect product. You will be involved both in backend as well as UI development with our internal designers and UX experts. Finally we will tightly work together to raise the potential of our technologies.
- At least 4+ years of Windows (UWP) app development experience
- Experience with REST APIs
- Passionate about improving user experience and delivering customer values
- Strong understanding of Windows UWP fundamentals, architecture components, and best practices
- Experienced with writing testable code and unit tests
Who we are:
We are growing quickly, continually strengthening our teams and therefore offer fast career tracks. We love the digital world, we are inquisitive, appreciative and trustworthy. Our work is service oriented and result driven. You share our passion, want to work for a young company without rigid hierarchies, that offers flexibility and a chance to make a difference?
If yes, check out our perks:
- Work within a collegial and striving work environment where your ideas and initiatives are heard and highly welcome
- Work for a dynamic company with multinational employees and flat-hierarchy
- Choose to be a digital nomad or work in one of our office either in Zurich, Berlin, Lisbon, Wroclaw
- Take part annual company-wide retreats
- Work in a company that gets involved in initiatives that make a change
Looking forward having you on our team soon! 😃
Source: Remotey, Sherpany
Headquarters: Palo Alto, California, United States
Xapo is a fast-growing, global fintech company with a mission to build a safe and global way to use money. We’re a fully distributed team, with 250+ Xapiens working from 50+ countries.
We’re seeking a collaborative, proactive problem-solver to join us as Full Stack Developer at Xapo. This full-time position is planned to be remote, meaning you can work from anywhere!
BALANCE FOR BETTER
At Xapo, we embrace our differences and actively foster an inclusive environment where we all can thrive. We’re a flexible, family friendly environment, and we recognize that everyone has commitments outside of work. We have a goal of reaching gender parity and strongly encourage women to apply to our open positions. Diversity is not a tagline at Xapo; it is our foundation.
As a Senior Python Developer, you will work with a highly specialized, multidisciplinary team that handles the complete development lifecycle of a product, from envisioning to production deployment. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Building high-quality software components that fulfill defined functional specifications and fit within architectural designs.
- Working autonomously, following a defined plan and achieving goals according to schedule.
- Participating in the design, testing, and deployment of your code.
- 7+ years’ experience in software development.
- Backend development.
- Excellent proven Python development skills.
- Good development and tuning skills for MySQL and Redis.
- Flask, uWSGI and NGINX experience.
- API building and consuming experience.
- Self-motivated, with initiative and enthusiasm, willing to work hard within a remote team.
- Experience working by plan and objectives in autonomous mode.
- Good communication skills and remote teamwork experience.
- Strong communication skills in English.
- Experience within Fintech and knowledge about Bitcoin would be ideal.
NICE TO HAVE
- Frontend development;
- React.JS proven application development experience.
- Platform and libraries;
- Experience using Linux, Docker.
- Experience using Git, BitBucket, Jira.
- Capable of documenting and diagramming functional flows and architectures.
- Experience with other major development language and frameworks like C, C++, Java or .NET, Node.js.
- Experience with other front-end frameworks like Prototype, Undersore.js, etc.
- Mobile development knowledge.
- A dedicated workspace.
- A reliable internet connection with the fastest speed possible in your area.
- Devices and other essential equipment that meet minimal technical specifications.
- Alignment with Our Values.
WHY WORK FOR XAPO?
- Shape the Future: Improve lives through cutting-edge technology, work remotely from anywhere in the world.
- Own Your Success: Receive attractive remuneration, enjoy an autonomous work culture and flexible hours, apply your expertise to meaningful work every day.
- Expect Excellence: Collaborate, learn, and grow with a high-performance team.
At Xapo, we’re building a way for users all over the world to send, receive, spend, and store their money globally and safely. We’re firm believers that no matter who you are or where you’re from, you deserve easy access to digital financial services.
Launched in 2014 by Wences Casares (CEO) & Federico Murrone (COO), Xapo has made an unparalleled investment in security infrastructure, assembled a renowned advisory board, and raised $40M from top venture capital firms in Silicon Valley & the world.
Xapo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and perspectives is critical to our success as a global company. A diverse, inclusive workplace enables us to create products that best serve our customers all around the world. It is the foundation of Xapo.
Source: Remotey, Xapo