We will now be using the https://freelancevirtualspot.wordpress.com and will continue posting blogs and remote job listings in this site from now on.
For a more readable url, we will bring back the old WordPress site which is https://freelancevirtualspot.wordpress.com since it is easily remembered by freelancers and has better features compared to https://freelancevirtualspot112500109.wordpress.com.
We now consider https://freelancevirtualspot.wordpress.com as our official WordPress website.
Company: Modern Tribe
Headquarters: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
The Modern Tribe Agency Marketing Content Specialist will be our lead copywriter for all communications supporting the agency business.
We’re looking for an absolutely stellar copywriter—a creative mind who can understand audience needs and craft a compelling narrative that resonates. You’re great with grammar and comfortable with both conversational and technical tone. You ask thoughtful questions about the goals of a piece and its intended audience. You’re comfortable speaking with subject matter experts and extracting the information you need to support your story. You start with outlines, ensuring a thoughtful information architecture for your copy. You understand what it means to write for SEO/keyword strategy and you know how to do it. You infuse creativity and intentionality into you’re work, and you’re capable of taking complex technical subjects and making them approachable for broad audiences. You dig writing, you’re really good at it, and you have solid experience copywriting in a marketing capacity.
You’ll work closely with the rest of our marketing team on content creation for campaigns, websites, and events. You’ll collaborate with our marketing producer to ensure that our content is thoughtful, creative, and speaks to specific goals and audiences. You’ll work with our internal discipline directors to gather input for content pieces, and you’ll partner with designers to ensure that copy and design work in concert to create something high-value content.
TL;DR: We’re looking for a talented and experienced copywriter who’s passionate about messaging and connecting with audiences across a variety of channels. You’re excited to collaborate with other team members to produce high-quality content that engages your audiences. You understand what it means to “write for marketing.” You’re a creative, motivated, and organized self-starter.
Modern Tribe is committed to a culture that embraces diversity and inclusion. We foster an environment of collaboration, open engagement, fairness and respect regardless of differences in age, race, disability, national origin, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status. As a hybrid workspace ranging from distributed contractors to traditional employees, we value the unique perspectives and experiences of our global team. We come from all walks of life. We are small business owners. We are tattoo aficionados and 80’s movie buffs and ex-pats. We are homeschool teachers. We are single parents. We are musicians, college drop-outs, and entrepreneurs. We are travelers, feminists, runners, volunteers, and makers. We are a Modern Tribe. Everyday we strive to fulfill our motto: live well and do good work. We hope you will consider joining us.
Want more? Here’s a breakdown of how we see someone like you spending their time.
- Content Concepting and Development
- Collaborate with Agency Marketing team to brainstorm content ideas based on key priorities and opportunities for agency growth..
- Collaborate with Marketing Producer on brief/outline for each piece — content goals, audience definition, topics/outline definition, etc.
- Conduct research for marketing content, including interviews with internal subject matter experts, sourcing third-party reference material, or contributing to questionnaires or surveys for broader input.
- Collaborate with designers on creative content direction (intersect of design and copy)
- Source appropriate curated content and content inspiration
- Contribute to broader content strategy as opportunities allow
- Write original blog posts, social media posts, landing pages, content marketing collateral (whitepapers, ebooks, etc.)
- Optimize copy for goal and audience
- Optimize copy for platform
- Ensure adherence to established voice and tone, as well as brand standards
- Copyediting and Optimizing
- Provide editorial review of content if content is authored by another contributor
- Proofread content and ensure consistency with AP Style
- Tag, classify, and organize content
- Optimize existing content optimization work (SEO or accessibility optimization, for example)
- Assess and uphold content quality standards (written, visual, etc.)
- Assist in identifying what content types and topics are providing the most value
- Provide recommendations for content improvements
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working as part of a remote team
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- A methodical approach to all tasks
- Ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Fluent English speaker
Knowledge & Experience
- At least 3-5 years copywriting experience with a focus on content marketing and a portfolio that demonstrates the ability to translate a strategic brief into engaging and compelling content
- Experience writing for SEO/keyword strategy
- Experience writing for B2B audiences
- Experience conducting independent research for content
- Highly creative, able to put self in audiences’ shoes (empathetic)
- Excellent understanding of various marketing channels and how to optimize content for each
- Super-solid organizational skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Collaborates well in a team environment; self-starter who asks questions when need be and isn’t afraid to dig in to contribute at a fundamental level
- Experience writing about technology or other complex industries
- WordPress experience (either experience writing about the ecosystem or experience publishing content within the platform)
- Content strategy development experience
- Ability to translate ideas to various channels and formats, including short-form web copy, social media, emails, blog posts, and long-form content assets like ebooks or white papers
Work from anywhere and join our distributed team working across the globe. If your timezone is outside of US business hours, but you work at least 3-4+ hours of overlap each day, let’s chat. You should be fluent in English and just need a computer and a strong wifi signal to support daily video chats with the Tribe.
The content specialist role at Modern Tribe is a contract role. Pay range is between $35-50 per hour US per hour commensurate with qualifications and experience. We are currently looking for freelance contractors about 15-20 hours a week for this gig.
We believe that distributed working is a way of life. We understand what it means to work remotely. We offer consistency in expectations, payment, and support. We believe in learning from each other and fostering personal growth. You can expect to learn a lot while working with us.
(Also, if you work enough with us, we’ll bring you on the team trips.)
Who We Are
Modern Tribe, Inc. is a rapidly growing software & design company. We develop custom solutions for some of the world’s largest companies, government institutions and smaller growing organizations. We pride ourselves on our ability to bridge people and technology and to bring the passion and dedication of an entrepreneur to every project. Our team is composed of talented employees and freelancers around North & South America (and a smattering across the globe).
Who You Are
We love working with each other because we have built a culture that suits us well. We work primarily with freelancers and coordinate their talents for large projects. To be on our team, you must be:
HAPPY: Where there is a will, there is a way. Having a positive disposition allows us to achieve great things and to support each other.
HELPFUL: Always looking for ways that you can help others.
CURIOUS: It is essential that you have a passion for learning. Technology changes daily, and life has a way of constantly raising the bar.
ACCOUNTABLE: Our clients expect us to get the right thing done on budget and on time. Communicating expectations and meeting them is the cornerstone of success.
Source: Remotey, Modern Tribe
Headquarters: West Hollywood, California, United States
Kinsta is a premium managed WordPress hosting provider designed for all types of businesses, small or large. We’re the first to be exclusively powered by Google Cloud Platform while utilizing an isolated container system. We believe that constant availability and an outstanding user experience are a must. That’s why we always utilize the latest software and most advanced technology to power our infrastructure.
Our client base is growing steadily and we’re looking for a competent Support Engineer with exceptional communication skills who can provide enterprise level technical support to our customers via our support system.
Our support team works with our customers using chat and email (we use Intercom.io exclusively for these purposes). As a Kinsta Support Engineer you will:
- Take ownership of issues reported by customers and see problems through to resolution.
- Research, troubleshoot, and identify solutions to resolve customer issues.
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers.
- Monitor uptime and analyze transactions data using third party analytics tools to resolve more advanced issues.
- Document troubleshooting and problem resolution steps for internal use and to extend our Knowledge Base.
This role’s shift need is Monday-Friday 9pm-5am UTC (our support team uses UTC for scheduling).
- The ideal Kinsta Support Engineer is technically-knowledgeable, upbeat, professional, curious, and self-motivated.
- Excellent support is one of the cornerstones of our business. Our clients have come to expect industry-leading support and it’s our pleasure to deliver that to them. As a result, we’re pretty careful about adding new Support Engineers to our team.
We hire Support Engineers with a variety of different areas of expertise – some of us are WordPress developers, others are Linux server gurus, while others are technically-knowledgeable internet generalists who have mastered the art of customer service.
All of our Engineers must meet the following core requirements:
- Completely fluent in English with excellent written communication skills.
- Capable of thriving in a fast-paced and occasionally stressful environment interacting with multiple clients simultaneously while maintaining a professional and friendly tone.
- Our Support Engineers must know WordPress deeply. All we host is WordPress and we have the best support team in the business (even if we do say so ourselves). While you don’t have to be a full-fledged WordPress developer to be a Kinsta Support Engineer, you do need to know the WordPress database and file/directory structure as well as the wp-config.php file like the back of your hand. Experience with WP-CLI certainly advantageous.
- Consummate professionalism: we’re a distributed team and we expect you to act like the professional we know you are. That means being a member of the Kinsta team requires excellent communication, rock-solid reliability, and the drive to bring your best effort to bear on your work every single day.
- Our Support Engineers deal with a lot more than just WordPress! While you don’t need to be a full-stack developer to fill this role, you will be providing hosting support to full-stack developers, so you do need to be familiar with the full-stack, from Linux web servers to browser dev tools.
- Completely fluent in a second language. Languages we’re currently targeting include: Italian, French, Japanese, Dutch, Portuguese, Swedish, and Danish. If you are fluent in one of these languages please highlight this information when you apply!
- Deep expertise in any (or all!) of the following: WordPress, Linux, NGINX, PHP and MySQL.
- Experience setting up, managing, and supporting LEMP/LAMP stacks.
- Prior experience working with customers over chat in a technical role in a fast-paced environment – particularly experience providing live support for web hosting or WordPress products.
- This is a fully-remote role. The Support Engineer can work from anywhere with reliable broadband internet access.
- This position offers a great deal of flexibility, responsibility, and opportunity for growth for the right candidate.
- We always use the latest version of everything: PHP 7.4, NGINX, Ubuntu 18.04, Linux containers, Google Cloud and more, so you’ll be able to work with a bunch of exciting technologies and use them every day!
Source: We Work Remotely, Kinsta
Company: Protocol Labs
We seek an energetic, passionate and scrappy People Ops Generalist who is driven, resourceful and results-oriented.
People at Protocol Labs
The People Team at Protocol Labs powers our work. Protocol Labs is a product-development lab, but behind the protocols and tools we build, behind the research and spec work, behind our implementations are passionate people, teammates and community members. The people team ensures that the Protocol Labs team remains happy, aligned and productive. Protocol Labs works at the intersection of many exciting fields (crypto, networks, distributed systems) and cultures (startups, research, open source, distributed work). The people team has the challenging and exciting task of taking the best from these cultures to shape the way we work at PL and ensure we all grow as people and professionals. All of this happens in an environment defined by curiosity, passion, and a love for open source.
- Help conduct employee onboarding and help organize training & development initiatives
- Organize quarterly and annual employee performance reviews
- Provide support to employees in various HR-related topics such as leaves and resolve any issues that may arise
- Assist in development and implementation of human resource policies
- Help administer company wide engagement surveys
- Gather and analyze data with useful HR metrics, like time to hire and employee turnover rates
- Maintain employee records
- Administer HRIS Ensure compliance with labor regulations
- Promote HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace
- 3+ years of HR experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Super user of Google Apps, Slack and deep knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; advanced Excel skills preferred
- Strong familiarity with HRIS systems and tools
- Demonstrated ability to act with discretion, and have exceptional integrity and judgment in handling confidential information
- Able to build trust and rapport quickly
- Experience working in high-growth technology companies
What’s it like to work at Protocol Labs?
Protocol Labs mission is to improve humanity’s most important technology, the Internet. We build protocols, systems, and tools to improve how it works. Today, we are focused on how we store, locate, and move information. Our projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, and more.
As a distributed team, we hire anywhere in the world, and at various levels of experience (entry, senior, staff). We look for people with unique perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
We have a great benefits package, including parental leave, contributions to your retirement, competitive pay, and unlimited time off. For U.S.-based employees, we also provide platinum-level health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.
Source: Remote Global, Protocol Labs
Headquarters: Brussels, Belgium
Loyaltek is a leading player in the shopping center gift cards sector. Your role will be to help our customers (shopping center information desk employees) when they facing issues or have questions. You will be a key part of the support team of a growing company.
You will work from home using a laptop and headset, working on support phone calls and tickets. You will have access to the company knowledge base and be able to communicate with colleagues to find the best answer to provide. Work hours will be very flexible and up to you but we are especially looking for people available during evenings and week-ends.
- Handle and carefully respond to all customer inquiries
- Provide excellent customer service through active listening
- Work with confidential customer information and treat it sensitively
- Follow up to customer inquiries by taking specific action in a timely manner
- Aim to resolve issues on the first call by being proactive
- Appropriately communicate with customers via phone and email
What We’re Looking for
- Speaking English and any other European language is a plus
- High School Graduate or GED
- Availability to work various shifts
- Proficiency with desktop computer system and Internet skills
- Proven oral & written communication skills
Source: Remotely Awesome Jobs, We Work Remotely